MB-10A is a premier elastomeric butyl rubber sealant designed to meet the critical requirements of metal buildings. It also meets or exceeds all sealing requirements for window glazing, air conditioning, and refrigeration. MB-10A is extruded on silicone coated paper for easy application. It is produced in many different sizes and lengths to fit all application requirements. The rolls are packaged in water resistant cartons for convenience in job site storage and export.
MB-10A offers many qualities that result in a superior seal, greater longevity, and easier application.
• Greater cohesive strength
• Superior adhesive strength
• Withstands extreme roof temperatures
• Superior low temperature compressibility
• Cold flow resistant
• Resistant to UV light
• Contains anti-oxidants, fungicides and anti-bacterial agents
• Seal not affected by normal movement of building
• Wide service temperature range
• Extensive inventory of standard sizes
• Available in custom sizes and lengths
Surface Preparation: All surfaces to be sealed should be free of dust, dirt, oil, and moisture before applying sealant.
Working Conditions: Apply in dry conditions above 40°F (4°C). Below 40°F (4°C) atmospheric condensation on surfaces may inhibit adhesion and should be avoided.
Application: Apply MB-10A to surface directly from roll. Press sealant through the silicone release paper with a smooth, even hand motion. Note: For metal roofing and cladding applications, place sealant under the fastener to prevent wind driven rain from leaking through the fastener holes.